Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Open Streets ICT! Applications are now open for all 2019 events.
Open Streets ICT Stronger!
Our volunteers make a huge difference in helping Open Streets ICT further its mission & vision. Open Streets ICT would not be possible without the amazing Wichita community members who volunteer their time and support to make events happen. Volunteers are one of our most important resources. Please consider volunteering for the next Open Streets ICT event.
- FREE Open Streets ICT T-Shirt
- FREE Bikeshare ICT rides the day of event.
- Snacks & Water provided all day.
- Have fun with friends and enjoy Open Streets ICT while helping the Wichita community.
- Shift 1: 10am-2:30pm
- Shift 2: 2pm-6pm
Duties + Skills
- Set up barricades at intersections per the barricade map. (1st shift only)
- Monitor barricades during event to prevent removal and vehicle traffic from entering route.
- Assist in directing traffic and motorists as required.
- Help vendors and individuals find locations & amenities along the route.
- Drop barricades once event has ended. (2nd shift only)
Volunteer application processing typically takes one-two weeks, so those completing hours for school or as part of court-mandated service are advised to complete an application well in advance of deadlines. Upon receipt of your application, the volunteer manager will contact you to arrange an informational training and to give and important instructions for the day of the event. If you would like more information on volunteering or have any questions contact Sara Rasmussen.
- Submit volunteer application before the deadline.
- Must be 18 years or older. Youths age 10 and older are encouraged to apply with the approval of a parent/guardian.
- Be able to stand/walk for at least 4 hours at a time.
- Be able to lift small loads (< 50 lbs).
- Ability to deal with vehicles and crowds.
- Customer service friendly.